[time-nuts] UBlox GPSDO

Keith Loiselle keith.loiselle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 23:44:17 UTC 2015

We put together this comparative analysis between the LTE-Lite and LEA-M8F
based on our measurements and observations.

http://www.jackson-labs.com/assets/uploads/main/Comparative_analysis.pdf

We have also noted that the LEA-M8F seems to use the digital power supply
for its TCXO. This results in poor phase noise and spur performance and
high sensitivity to external supply voltage noise and fluctuations. The LTE
Lite uses two internal LDOs for much higher performance. Also the LEA-M8F's
ADEV under the same ambient conditions is not as good. Lastly, the recovery
from holdover results in frequency jumps that are more than 10x larger than
on the LTE Lite.

Keith

Keith