[time-nuts] New +/- 1 sec in 100 days mech clock

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Apr 20 07:59:06 UTC 2015

Moin,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:40:06 -0700
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> Mechanical, yes. Home brew, no. It is an absolutely stunning clock,
> both in beauty and performance.

Given the fact that a CNC milling machine can be bought quite cheaply
today, i would say that homebrew is easily possible. All you need
is a good understanding on different materials and how to machine them.
(This can be aquired using various machining books out there)

> There's more information about the clock, additional press links, and a copy
> of my talk about "Clock B" at the Harrison conference:

I would be very much interested in detail photographs and the construction
plans of the clock. Oh.. and if they happen to have a spare clock, i'd
like ot have that one too :-)

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.