[time-nuts] Leica AT-303

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:35:07 UTC 2015

I've been away for a long time. So, I guess that makes me the new guy, all
over again.
I have long coveted a choke ring GPS antenna. Oh, I have several so called
"timing grade" ones but I have always wanted a choke ring. After watching
them on eBay for a long time and seeing them in the $600 range, I recently
saw one up for bid starting at $99. I didn't get it, but did get a second
chance offer and bought it. Now, I have come to realize there isn't much
information available on them. Alas, Google is not my friend here. So, I
was wondering, do they have a built in preamp? I kind of think not since
they are supposed to be L1, L2 antennas. Besides, I wouldn't think you
would need long cables for surveying. I just want to put it on top of what
used to be my TV antenna tower and feed the Z3801 with it. Does anyone here
own one? What do you think of it? Is there some place where I can get more
information on it?