[time-nuts] TBolt interference

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:07:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Charles Steinmetz
<csteinmetz at yandex.com> wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> I was interested in building a micro power GPS
>> jammer to attach to my own phone to keep it from
>> sending GPS coordinates.

Can't you just go into settings and turn off Location Services?

THAT would actually work BETTER because the phone use other ways to
get your location.  It measures the distance to several cell towers
and it can listen in to WiFi hotspots and then use a database to
figure out where you are based on what WiFi it can hear.

As an example my Apple iPad has no built-in GPS but it still gets my
location to within a few hundred feet

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California