[time-nuts] More recent information on BG7TBL GPSDO?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 28 21:47:54 UTC 2015

Hi

The accuracy required by NTP can be met with a <$20 GPS board. It’s much
easier to simply do a stand alone device than to try to tie everything together.
Fewer ground loops / fewer things to go wrong / easier to keep running.

The frequency offset in the device appears to be a design choice made by the
people running the project. There is no way to find out if they have changed their
design other than buying more devices. That *assumes* that the later devices
have later firmware versions ….

Bob