[time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 02:03:36 UTC 2015

Scott:

You won't be able to use an off-the-shelf audio card, because they will have
filters that cut off just above human hearing limits, somewhere in the
mid 20 kHz range.  I was referring to the data converter chips they use
on those high end cards.  The circuit for ~80 kHz (Nyquist) low pass
filters
and antenna interface would likely be a custom card.

For the guys talking about the Tayloe receivers, the Tayloe front end is
just
a down converter to get the HF or VHF signals down into the range that WWVB
is already in.  So to receive WWVB, you only need the backend of the Tayloe
receiver, ie., no Tayloe mixer required.  Just the (audio) data converter
and the
DSP.

--- Graham / KE9H

==