[time-nuts] HP10811 vs 00105 OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 9 12:08:28 UTC 2015

Hi

All 10811 OCXO’s have 10 MHz 3rd overtone SC cut crystals in them. They are the
first commercial (as opposed to military) OCXO to use the SC. The target was good
phase noise rather than good short term stability. They did quite well for the era in
terms of phase noise.

Back then and now, better short term designs exist. Also, then and now, the odd part
pops out of the batch that is a bit better than the rest. It is very rare to find
anybody with the ability to accurately test a good one who then decides to sell that OCXO.

Bob