[time-nuts] KS-24361 EFC Error

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Aug 12 11:13:48 UTC 2015

Hi

Indeed, there is a *lot* of difference between the REF-1 and the REF-0. Working out a clone of the two
could be a major undertaking. I’d only try it if there was nothing else on my schedule for the winter :)

It’s the observation that the ROM’s are likely identical that has me interested in the idea. *IF* that’s a correct
guess (and I have not verified it’s true with dumps), there must be jumpers that tell the board what it is and what
it does. There *could* be some interesting things that you can do with this or that jumper.

One might correctly observe that if I’m pulling the ROM’s to cross check them, simply dumping them is a
lot quicker way to figure some of this out than grabbing a soldering iron.

Bob