[time-nuts] KS-24361 EFC Error

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 16:00:11 UTC 2015

On 8/12/2015 4:13 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Indeed, there is a *lot* of difference between the REF-1 and the REF-0. Working out a clone of the two
> could be a major undertaking. I’d only try it if there was nothing else on my schedule for the winter :)
>
> It’s the observation that the ROM’s are likely identical that has me interested in the idea. *IF* that’s a correct
> guess (and I have not verified it’s true with dumps), there must be jumpers that tell the board what it is and what
> it does. There *could* be some interesting things that you can do with this or that jumper.

Bob, some of the differences are on the bottom of the board and appear
to be concerned with the interface connector.  Also of course the stuff
to supply power to the antenna.  The interface stuff might be deciding
where the 1 pps comes from?  I took a long look at the two boards side
by side and decided that there was way too much to move from one to the
other and vice versa, and not all of it easy to identify either.

All the ICs with paper labels are similarly marked in both the -0 and -1
units.

Much as I like a challenge, this is a few dozen parts too far for me...

Dan