[time-nuts] More serial ports in NanoBSD

Willy Willemse Willy.Willemse at telenet.be
Wed Aug 12 20:26:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a got a NanoBSD image with NTPns from Jason Rabel because I am a
complete noob in FreeBSD, I tried to build an image but there were so many
pitfalls for me that I asked Jason for a copy of his image.

It works fine on my soekris NET4501, but I want also use the time signal
from the DCF-77 transmitter not just the oncore signal.

Therefore I bought an extra mini-PCI serial card
(http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/320524491709?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
<http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/320524491709?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPag
eName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT> &ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT )

But the image doesn't support more than two serial ports. There is a way to
add extra serial ports but this means that you have to build a new image.
And that is what I can't do in this moment. The closest I found from
education in this neighborhood is a Linux course which I now follow.

My question is, if somebody from the Time-Nuts society have an image laying
around which support a third and a fourth serial port?

Or even better show me the way to update my existing image with the extra
ports.

Thanks.

Willy

---