[time-nuts] HP Panel colors

Arnold Tibus arnold.tibus at gmx.de
Thu Aug 13 13:12:47 UTC 2015

Buen giorno Luciano and the group,

perhaps I can help you and others with some infos concerning hp colors.
I still have 3 original examples from hp with specification and P/N
from 1983.

Most important data as excerpt:
##
This specification establishes the requirements for pigment composition,
to achieve a color in H.P.'s Corporate Color Program.

1. Name of color: parchment white case (the darkes plate)
    p/n 6009-0130 (vis. color std.)
    prim. use: texture
    gloss of this std.: 18+-3 gloss units @85°<
    applic.: free standing and rack mountable 325mm/425mm width
    prod. case/front panel color, all product groups

Pigment Composition (approximation - adjust % for tinting purposes)
paint pigments:
    trace% Lampblack
    18.55% Titanium Dioxide White
    .31% Yellow Iron Oxide
    trace% Red Iron Oxide

2.  Name of color: dove grey enclosure
    p/n 6009-0131 (vis. color std.)
    prim. use: texture
    gloss of this std.: 18+-3 gloss units @85°<
    applic.: Floor standing 720mm-1600mm
  height computer products and support furniture,
    top/front panel color. Computer groups.

Pigment Composition (approximation - adjust % for tinting purposes)
paint pigments:
    .03% Lampblack
    17.47% Titanium Dioxide White
    .63% Yellow Iron Oxide
    .18% Red Iron Oxide

3. Name of color: French Grey Enclosure (my clearest plate)
    p/n 6009-0132 (vis. color std.)
    prim. use: texture
    gloss of this std.: 18+-3 gloss units @85°<
    applic.: floor standing 720mm-1600mm
    height computer products and support furniture,
    side panel color. Computer groups.

Pigment Composition (approximation - adjust % for tinting purposes)
paint pigments:
    trace% Lampblack
    14.70% Titanium Dioxide White
    .50% Yellow Iron Oxide
    trace% Red Iron Oxide
    .17% (Carbon Black)
##

Is this helpful for you?
But don't blame me, if the colors do not match your requirements exactly!
;-)

kind regards, 73
Arnold, DK2WT