[time-nuts] FW: More serial ports in NanoBSD

Willy Willemse Willy.Willemse at telenet.be
Fri Aug 14 15:55:33 UTC 2015

Thank you Mike for your tips but NanoBSD in my situation is a read only system because its stored on a flash card and copied in to  RAM during the boot sequence.

I don't see any UART in the boot messages.

This the result of the # dmesg | grep -E "^sio[0-9]" command.

sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A, console
sio0: [FILTER]
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
sio1: [FILTER]

These are the only on board available serial communication channels.

Does have anyone else a useful tip?

Thanks.

Willy