[time-nuts] A few questions about Tboltmon

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 14 17:52:29 UTC 2015

Hi

A surge suppressor designed to go into a medium to high power  transmit
line has to “hold off” firing for quite a bit before it trips. The suppressors  that
these GPSDO’s expect to see are more like “receive only” suppressors. They
trip at much lower voltage levels than the higher power compatible gizmos.
Huber Suhner 3403 series parts are one example of this type of suppressor.
Poly Phaser makes similar parts.

Indeed there is no magic solution that will protect against anything that ever
comes along. At some point you can overwhelm any of these gizmos. In
some cases they have cartridges that wear out.

Bob