[time-nuts] A few questions about Tboltmon

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 15 00:31:03 UTC 2015

Hi

The GPS RX arrestors are something that come up from time to time.
They often have strange custom part numbers and very limited data.
Sometimes the only practical way to figure out what’s what is to buy one
and see. If it’s the right sort of unit once you check it out, the hope is that
there are still some left. An awful lot of these went into cell towers and
the install kits for them. The “give away” spec listed on the parts is often only
that they cover the GPS band and not much else. The crazy thing is that
often the enclosed instructions have a few details (often as cautions like
“do not exceed 25V or 2W RF”) that let you know you have the right gizmo.
I really can’t complain a lot about that. Since they are “nobody knows” sort
of part they go for < $20 and not > $50.

Bob