[time-nuts] Troubleshooting Fluke PM6681

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 16 19:16:22 UTC 2015

Ole,

I checked with a former Pendulum employee, and free off memory, he
recommend trimming up the 100 MHz until Error 2 does not show. Sensing
it directly can be difficult, FET-probe essentially mandatory.
Indirectly a 10 MHz is possible. A problem is that trimming with the
hood off causes a different thermal setup than when the hood is on. If
you dare, make a hole in the hood so that you can trim it with the hood
on, that is what they did.

CMOS backup battery eventually fails, and then you need to replace it
and re-calibrate it. I have the details jotted down, but it seems that
this is not your issue.

Cheers,
Magnus