[time-nuts] Need help with Lucent/Symmetricom Z3810AS

Heinz Breuer hbreuer at debitel.net
Sun Aug 16 23:01:33 UTC 2015

Hello,
I am new to GPSDO and a new member to this list.

I bought a Lucent/Symmetricom Z3810AS from the source on eBay and powered it up today for the first time. After 11 hours the RFTG-u and REF1 module is still showing "STBY" while the RFTG-u and REF0 module is "ON".
Is this ok or should the RFTG-u and REF1 module show "ON" also?

I am in Germany and currently use an indoor GPS antenna directly behind a large window facing west. Do I need to put the antenna on the roof or wait even longer?

I did not try to connect a PC to get any status info because I am no computer wizard. In fact I have two left hands regarding computers.

I want to use the 10MHz output as a reference for my home lab and feed several frequency counters etc. I probably need to build a distribution amplifier and would appreciate any hints.

vy 73 Heinz DH2FA, KM5VT

Von meinem iPhone gesendet