[time-nuts] HP5065A C-field current is temperature sensitive

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 18 21:10:30 UTC 2015

Dear Poul-Henning,

I have been suspecting this very mechanism to exist in the HP5065 among
others. I have not been overly impressed by the stability by which the
current is produced.

It would be interesting to see to what degree the surrounding
temperature as well as the mains supply voltage does. The mains supply
voltage will creep in two ways, one way for the raw rectified voltage
and second on the burning off the difference voltage causing the main
voltage to power to temperature variation.

It would be interesting to see how good damping the main voltage to
various internal volages there really is.

Cheers,
Magnus