[time-nuts] GPS outage? 19:00-2100 UTC Tue

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 13:35:41 UTC 2015

From: Hal Murray

Most/all of my GPS toys stopped working for a few hours late Tue evening.  A
few where I have good logging ran out of satellites.

Did anybody else notice anything similar?

Was it local interference, or something at the GPS level?

I'm in Menlo Park California.  That was mid afternoon local time, PDT

Any GPS outages I've seen due to poor satellite configuration usually last
far less than two hours.  Local jamming would be my first guess.

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk