[time-nuts] GPS outage? 19:00-2100 UTC Tue

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Aug 20 05:12:46 UTC 2015

time at radio.sent.com said:
> I think that Menlo Park is somewhat under 300 NM (nautical miles) from China
> Lake (depending on exactly where the test was located), and the expected
> interference range was about 252 NM. So you might have been at the edge of
> the affected area. See: http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pdf/gps/gpsnotices/
> GPS_Interference.pdf

Thanks.  My measurements on Google maps are are close to 250 miles.  That's
to the town rather than the boonies out back.

My antennas are all in poor locations (indoors) rather than good locations so
I'm probably more sensitive than some of their target users.

What's the BNM column on that chart?

What sort of gear would I need to detect a local jammer?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.