[time-nuts] New GNSS receiver

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Aug 21 14:10:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:21:28 +0000
Peter Torry <peter.torry at talktalk.net> wrote:

> I thought the list may be interested in the following:
>
> Lime Microsystems and Airbus Defence and Space, with funding from
> Innovate UK have announced a joint development of robust GNSS products.
> Airbus D&S, using Lime’s Field Programmable RF (FPRF) transceiver
> technology, is developing a robust timing receiver that exploits signals
> from the new Galileo satellite navigation constellation.
>
> See     http://www.automotive-eetimes.com

And here the direct link to the news-bit:
http://www.automotive-eetimes.com/en/airbus-d-s-and-lime-microsystems-plan-robust-galileo-gnss-receiver.html?cmp_id=7&news_id=222904414&vID=35

Lime's FPRF is nothing more than an digital radio RX/TX solution.
Ie, DAC + I/Q Modulator + VCO and LNA + I/Q Demodulator + ADC + VCO
in a single package. They are nice for what they do. Simplify a lot
of circuit design (though i must say that i like the AD9361 better).

The "article" says very little on what they are even planing to do,
much less on what they are going to do.

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.