[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 repair

Brian M brayniac at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 23:26:29 UTC 2015

Dear list -

I have come into possession of a for parts prs 10. I'd like to try to
repair this device. What I've noticed so far. Serial is garbled. (Even at
varying baud rates). Lamp isn't lit. Doesn't look great. I'd like to know
if anybody else has wandered down this path. What are common failure modes?
Anything match up with what I describe? Voltages to check would be helpful.
The 10MHz out looked okay on a scope. Haven't gone further yet. I suspect
the crystal is fine.

Thanks in advance. Happy hacking!
- Brian