[time-nuts] Trimble GPS board

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 23 09:49:26 UTC 2015

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 18:25:04 -0400, you wrote:

>rbenward at verizon.net wrote: "See below, here is a 73090
>OCXO (same as on some of those GPSDO boards) powered by +12V."
>
>You are incorrect in your assumption that the link you have
>supplied shows a 73090 OCXO powered by +12VDC. The BOARD is
>indeed powered by 12VDC (or 15VDC if you read the listing)
>but if you look at all the photos you will see a 3-terminal
>regulator on the bottom of the pc board.

Hi,

It does indeed have a reg, but as far as I can see it's a 7812 that's
in the picture in the listing. This would also explain why it has a
12V or 15V selector link.

I'm not suggesting that it's a 12V osc - on my 57963-80 it is
definitely fed just 5V from the regulator. I also used 6V for the
power supply.
It also appears just to be a basic, fast warm-up AT OCXO, which fits
in with the short time constant on the GPS control loop.

Angus.