[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 16:30:55 UTC 2015

Hmmmm....

I think I'm convinced, I had my doubts to start with and  now have enough
more to ensure I follow a different  route:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

Hi

 If they are indeed grabbing anything in that package and re-labeling it, I
would
 be very careful. True TCXO’s (full compensation network) in that package
are
 relatively rare compared to the enormous number of “precision XO’s” made
 in the same package. The XO’s had no real compensation. They simply
 relied on a packaged crystal to deliver a tighter stability than the open
blank
 DIP XO’s of the same era.

 The other obvious issue of a relabel process would be that the one I get
and
 review likely has no relation at all to the one you get and try to use. We
could
  have parts each built to totally different specs and each made by who
knows who.