[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

Gary Woods garygarlic at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 20:24:40 UTC 2015

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:13:47 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks for your comments and I did wonder about the plating,

This looks like the same package the Chinese are selling for the Kenwood
TS-590 to upgrade the already good internal timebase.  The reports on them
are pretty good, though few have an environmental chamber to see what the
compensation really does.  The plating seems to cost extra.
I got a break on a genuine Kenwood one, and it holds quite well in a pretty
uniform cellar ham shack.  When last I checked, it was about 4Hz off 10MHz
WWV; not enough to take off the bottom cover and tweak.