[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 repair

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 25 21:59:22 UTC 2015

Hang on a minute, polarity does not switch all of a sudden.

However, a short or a glitch could cause the signal to be garbled such
that we incorrectly interpret it as inverted. It can also be the result
of the signal 0 to 5V being triggered on the 0V line on the wrong transient.

It might be that you have a perfectly good signal, but your RS232 can't
interpret it correctly.

So, check the signal, if it has nice digital shape, check if it is only
a matter of RS232 level error. You might need to convert it using a
level shifter. The RS232 trick being used may not be tolerated by all
RS232 inputs.

Cheers,
Magnus