[time-nuts] looking for SMT oscillator SC cut, with no oven

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 26 22:34:44 UTC 2015

On 8/26/15 1:04 PM, Javier Herrero wrote:
> Hello, Jim,
>
> I suppose that one of the alternatives that you've explored are the
> ABLNO from Abracon http://www.abracon.com/Precisiontiming/ABLNO.pdf
>
> They say that they are 3rd overtone, but it seems more an AT-cut than a
> SC, and anyway is around 10dB poorer than your requirements. An I
> suppose that to make surgery in an AOCJY (that fully meets your
> requirement) to remove the oven will not be adequate :) Also it is a bit
> bulky...

exactly.. I've thought about delidding a OCXO and cutting the trace.
That's a fairly expensive operation, maybe? (by the time we find a tech
to do it, write the procedure, etc.)  It would turn a $50 oscillator
into a several thousand dollar oscillator.  Still cheaper than designing
a new oscillator from scratch.

Or if someone knows of an OCXO where the oven power is separate from the
oscillator power, that would make it easy.

Darn these highly integrated parts..<grin>