[time-nuts] GPS down converter question

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 1 22:57:32 UTC 2015

Hi

Here’s sort of a backwards look at it:

Do you *need* an IF filter in the downconverter? By that I’m asking about a
filter better than a simple LC tank. Did they put the filter in the downconverter
or in the main box? I would think that putting a fancy filter up by the antenna
would have been a less likely thing to do than putting it down in the main box.

Bob

>>> Peter