[time-nuts] soldering QFN (was: GPS down converter question)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:55:45 UTC 2015

These are a fairly nice and cheap hot air tool.  The really nice thing is they have been reverse-engineered and an open-source firmware is available.   I have one.  Have also built a nice reflow oven out of a $40 Walmart toaster oven... I used the temperature control PID code out of Lady Heather to control the heaters/fan.
There are lots of clones of the Youyue unit with similar looking names,  some with a Samsung processor instead of the AVR so you need to be careful selecting one.   A guy has found a way to hack the AVR firmware/chip into the Samsung based units.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/27876