[time-nuts] GPS down converter question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:57:42 UTC 2015

Appreciate everyones guidance here. Interesting on the other threads. They
might be fine on there own so they can be more easily searched in the
future. They will be important as new systems come online.

Other notes on the GPS down converter for an old receiver.
OK I cheated and order a more classic GPS filter with SMA connectors from
Ebay. Can easily add a LNA after it. Also ordered active low drive mixers
HP IMA81008. Lastly the mini-circuits synthesizer that turns out to
actually be a Analog Devices ADF4135 but with the VCO and such all in the
package. So you have to download the analog devices tools to get the
programming words.

What is interesting is that one of the AD tools will program the device by
either a classic parallel port or a USB parallel port it seems. So that
will allow the validation of the right bit sequence very quickly. Then I
will code them into a arduino or SXB. The code only has to run one time at
start or reset.

So sort of on the way and just waiting for the parts.
The Synthesizer and filter should get here pretty quickly. In the interim I
can leverage other mixers I have.
Regards
Paul