[time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

Rob Sherwood. rob at nc0b.com
Sun Dec 6 15:07:53 UTC 2015

I initially had 50 feet of RG-58/U going to my GPS antenna.  The loss was likely around 12 dB.  That cable eventually failed, and all I had was a 100 foot length of the same type of cable, and surprisingly the GPSDO still worked ok.  Recently I purchased a 35 foot length of 3/8th inch hardline with factory-installed N connectors on eBay for $40.  The loss should be less then 2 dB.  Obviously it works, but I cannot tell that the 10 dB reduced loss from the original cable made any difference.  Rob, NC0B

Sent from my iPad