[time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

Gordon Batey gpbatey at wildblue.net
Sun Dec 6 17:25:20 UTC 2015

Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 15:28:29 -0500
From: EWKehren at aol.com
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

At my new home the GPS antenna location has turned in to a  challenge.  May have to splice RG 6U. Has any one done measurements on  couplings and the loss associated with them. Right now I am considering a  female, female coupling. Is there a better alternative?
Thanks   Bert Kehren Palm City  Fl.

Bert,

I have used RG-6 with F connectors and barrel splices for many years with very good results.

I do use the good waterproof connectors which I was able to find at Lowes.  They also have the tool to compress the fittings.  Much more convenient that N connectors for the RG-6.

73 Gordon
WA4FJC