[time-nuts] (no subject) - HP 5065A

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Mon Dec 7 14:26:12 UTC 2015

Jim/Anna,

I took the liberty of adding 'HP 5065A' to the subject line to help others.

Sounds like a nice 'find'.  There are many experts here regarding the 5065A.  I'm a 'novice'.

There are several manuals on the net.  You can find one manual here:

http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/207.98.180.176/HP_5065A_Manual.pdf

Did the 'CONTINOUS OPERATION' light come on when you hit 'LOGIC RESET' after switching to 'OPERATE'?  If so, sounds like it is working.  If not, might want to check the light to make sure it's not burned out.  For that matter, might want to check all the lights.

What options does it have?  Clock?  Internal battery, as shown by a 'Battery' lamp on the panel to the right of the door?

If it has a battery, might want to remove it and make sure the NiCd's haven't leaked.

I suspect you have already measured the 5 MHz, 1 MHz, and 100 KHz outputs.

These are nice units.  Good luck and welcome to the group.

Happy Holidays!

Joe