[time-nuts] FE 405/5680/5650 caution !!!!

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 23:28:55 UTC 2015

A word of caution. In the last three years we have experienced problems
with the RS 232 interface. We know that wrong messages can contaminate the
code  in the controller permanently preventing lock. We suspect switch bounce
or  connect or disconnect while under power.  With the cost of these units,
efforts should be made to have every thing connected before power is
connected.  Same on power down. That is why we have a lock detect on the RB
controller and a  5 minute delay on all units.
Our controller works with all three units, the code for the 405  is
slightly different. Cash Olsen will be responsible for the sale of assembled and
tested units. There have been units out there with time nuts including the
405  for over a year. Results look very good, but again to get the very best
results  temperature control is a must. With units like this we are talking
at least an  order of magnitude.
My move has cost a year and I am looking forward to have my GPS up and
running. Next week is the goal. Antenna is key and the permit process was four
month. Downsizing is hell!
Bert Kehren  Palm City