[time-nuts] Anybody who can record last Loran-C transmissions ?

Pieter-Tjerk de Boer ptdeboer at cs.utwente.nl
Sun Dec 20 23:51:52 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 10:01:44PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <5675AC3C.8020204 at aei.ca>, Graham writes:
>
> >Would you be able to record what you want via the online web SDR at the
> >Twente University?
>
> Not really.  That would only give a water-fall.
>
> What I think should be preserved is the actual raw, unadultered signal on air.

I'm the developer of that WebSDR, and I was already planning to use it to
make some raw signal recordings on New Year's eve.
This is not just to capture the LORAN shutdown, but also the shutdown of a
bunch of medium-wave broadcast stations (from France, Germany and Luxemburg).

My current plan is to record the 0 - 1800 kHz spectrum (output of the ADC,
but low-pass filtered and downsampled) for at least a couple of minutes
(but possibly more) around "interesting" times such as midnight local time
and midnight UTC.

Regards,
  Pieter-Tjerk (PA3FWM)