[time-nuts] Timestamps in audio files?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 21 21:06:28 UTC 2015

tshoppa at gmail.com said:
> I know of many proprietary digital recording applications that make WAV's or
> MP3's or proprietary codec formats, where the filename includes a timestamp.
> Much more interested in standard formats where the timestamp is embedded in
> the file itself.

What sort of accuracy to you want?  Is nearest second good enough or do you
want time-nut level accuracy?

One thing to keep in mind is that the recording clock may not be accurate, so
if all you know is the start time, your error bars grow as you move down the
file.

Recording IRIG on another channel is the best suggestion I've seen.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.