[time-nuts] Springer textbooks >10 years old now available fordownload as PDF at no cost

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Dec 30 12:02:17 UTC 2015

>>Would other titles be found, it would be nice if the links would be
>>shared for them too.

There's a lively discussion about all these wonderful free book/PDF's at the likes of:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10810271

https://www.reddit.com/r/compsci/comments/3yow1k/springer_is_offering_free_pdf_downloads_of_books/

https://www.reddit.com/r/math/comments/3yib1k/so_it_looks_like_springer_is_offering_free_pdf/

https://www.reddit.com/r/chemistry/comments/3yket3/springer_are_allowing_free_downloads_of_their/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Physics/comments/3yib6w/so_it_looks_like_springer_is_offering_free_pdf/

> We really need to make a time-nuts wiki to collect all this stuff in...

Well, I've always considered the time-nuts list itself to be the wiki. We get high quality posts and they are all archived. True, we've talked about a wiki now and then -- and Didier set one up many years ago. Quite a few members use it:

http://www.ko4bb.com/dokuwiki/doku.php

See also the time-nuts info page:

http://leapsecond.com/time-nuts.htm

which has links to all sorts of time-nut related web sites, technical papers, and books.

/tvb