[time-nuts] Looking for advice to get a submillisecond setup

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:48:42 UTC 2015

Looks like you need the "other half" of this unit.  It looks like it is
designed to use fiber optic cable.   You would need to other box to accept
the fiber cables, decode the data and interface it to a normal computer
port.

A good, brand new timing receiver is less then $100.  So I'd not want to
spend that much making something else work.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:54 AM, Alberto di Bene <dibene at usa.net> wrote:

> On 2/20/2015 4:25 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
>
>  /For an inexpensive "NTP for few hundred dollars to get better than a
>> millisecond" end of things, I think the integrated GPS antenna/receiver
>> with a suitable computer right next to it is the way to go.  Then you're
>> just running a network cable and power.
>> /
>>

> Given that the subject of a GPS unit integrated with the antenna has been
> touched, maybe some kind soul
> could give me some information on this unit :
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15089947/NavSymm1.jpg
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15089947/NavSymm3.jpg
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15089947/NavSymm2.jpg
>
> Google is of no help...