[time-nuts] PRS10 Rubidium

Jürg Kögel j.koegel5 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:44:06 UTC 2015

Fellow time nuts. I have two SRS PRS10 Rb’s that I did purchase 10 years
ago. Both have been working for the last nine years. One did fail last year
and I finally got around to looking at it in the last two weeks. The
attached picture shows the trauma to the lamp board. I do not understand
the corrosion since it has been in a very controlled environment in my
basement.

Since the failed unit does have the 1 pps loop control I moved the
processor board to the still working unit. Did not work. Does it take more
than just moving that one board to get 1 pps loop control?

Second any ideas as to what may have happened to the lamp heater board. Any
recommendations? Plan on making a replacement board. Have a power FET MRF134

Thanks

 Juerg