[time-nuts] PRS10 Rubidium

Bryan _ bpl521 at outlook.com
Mon Feb 23 02:12:39 UTC 2015

The repair guide for the Efratom LRPO 101 on the K04BB website recommends all the tantalums be replaced.

http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=02_GPS_Timing/Efratom

-=Bryan=-

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 16:44:06 +0100
From: j.koegel5 at gmail.com
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] PRS10 Rubidium

Fellow time nuts. I have two SRS PRS10 Rb’s that I did purchase 10 years
ago. Both have been working for the last nine years. One did fail last year
and I finally got around to looking at it in the last two weeks. The
attached picture shows the trauma to the lamp board. I do not understand
the corrosion since it has been in a very controlled environment in my
basement.

Since the failed unit does have the 1 pps loop control I moved the
processor board to the still working unit. Did not work. Does it take more
than just moving that one board to get 1 pps loop control?

Second any ideas as to what may have happened to the lamp heater board. Any
recommendations? Plan on making a replacement board. Have a power FET MRF134

Thanks

 Juerg