[time-nuts] patek phillipe digital clock, sold as curio/antique

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Feb 27 11:31:56 UTC 2015

> In yesterday's Wall Street Journal (or maybe USA Today, I can't remember..)
>
> Nice Nixie displays...
> I wonder if it normally displays the same time on all, or if it is a
> multi-time zone/elapsed time kind of thing.  It looks a lot like clock
> display stacks used for displaying Mission Elapsed Time, Local Time,
> UTC, etc.

Jim -- Nice find. Crazy prices. Color images cached at: http://leapsecond.com/museum/patek/

Time Nuts -- Not many of us are interested in high-end mechanical clocks and watches, but the name Patek Philippe catches our eye because many of the early time/frequency standards from Tracor, Austron, and Hewlett Packard used a 1 PPS stepper driven analog dial clock display made by Patek Philippe. After the Nixie tube era, but before the LED, LCD, and VFD era, HP used these wonderful Patek movements in their 5061A and 5065A standards.

You can see an example on the early model 5061A/01 at http://www.leapsecond.com/hpclocks/

/tvb