[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 07:35:03 UTC 2015

Why not run the "normal" ntpd?  Seems it would do what you want.

I don't see how a PPS source can NOT be supported.  I'm talking about just
the 1Hz square wave signal, no serial data.   Just like ntpd's  type 22
clock.  See this
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver22.html  It is just
a signal of the correct voltage, no data.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California

Chris, I would very much prefer "normal" ntpd, but that would mean
rebuilding the entire OS, something I'm not capable of nor, to be frank,
something I am prepared to put the time into learning how to do.

As I mentioned in another post, it seems that unless NTPns recognises the
GPS serial data, it does nothing with the PPS.  At least that's how it
appears.  As I'm sending NMEA and not Motorola format GPS serial data, it
ignores my PPS.  I don't want to bother PHK with this as it's likely way in
the past for him.

Happy New Year!

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu