[time-nuts] New Years Eve TV countdown

Joe Leikhim jleikhim at leikhim.com
Thu Jan 1 17:17:25 UTC 2015

We have Brighthouse cable here in Central FL and the delay is horrendous. When setting up the DVR recorder integrated in the cable box we have to adjust the start and stop times -/+ 1 minute respectively on a regular basis. The delay is less than a minute, but the adjustment resolution is 1 minute. This means the tuners (two of them) are often busy during the overlap preventing recording and viewing some programs that follow others. Does anyone know if the clock in the cable box, (likely NTP derived) can be adjusted by a knowledgeable user?

"One thing annoys me though. Many channels don't care much about start
and stop times. If I program something to record using the schedule,
often I miss the end of it. They frequently go over the half-hour or
hour mark by a minute or two. Occasionally they complicate it more by
starting a show a little early too. That irks me."

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates

Communications Consultants