[time-nuts] June 30 2015 leap second

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 7 06:14:31 UTC 2015

time at patoka.org said:
> Exactly ! I saw that behaviour few times.But I was thinking its because  of
> some very old satelites which knows nothing about recent leap seconds  send
> that information to the air. Yeah, I know.. So naive... ;-)

> I have my T-Bolt running 24x ...

Does anybody know the details of the TBolt?  Does it have any way to remember
the almanac or time without external power?  I looked at a few pictures from
the net and didn't see anything that looked appropriate, but I didn't pull
the cover off mine.

A large cap would probably provide a few minutes to hours without using
super-cap technology which probably didn't exist when the TBolt was designed
or adding nasty chemicals that batteries usually contain.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.