[time-nuts] Mechanical 1PPS Oscillator Disciplining

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 07:06:33 UTC 2015

Hi Tom dividing down wasn't always necessary I have sample from the UK  GPO
Crystal Factory of NT-cut bars, quartz tuning fork, and Gapped Ring
crystals, the latter marked 400cps (pre Hertz :-))  )  I think these are
post WWII because they are mounted in IO base GT style tube envelopes.
Dividers were achieved with neons and locked multivibrators, where
necessary, I believe.
[]
Alan
G3NYK

I have one "500 c/s" GEC crystal in an octal base which is thinner than a
"60 Kc/s" one, so a different mode.  Never had it working, though.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk