[time-nuts] June 30 2015 leap second

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:59:13 UTC 2015

There are many systems for which the Google fix would not work in the
current state of technology unless implemented by EVERYBODY synchronously.
At least everybody who depends on precise time like banking and financial
systems, let alone the physicists and many others...

Keep in mind that this system drives you to having pretty bad time for the
better part of a whole day, on purpose... I realize that when the
alternative is a system crash, it may sound tempting, but it really is not
a fix, a bandage at most. We have a term for that in French: "emplâtre sur
une jambe de bois", cast on a wooden leg.

Didier KO4BB