[time-nuts] 53132A Cooling fan

stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 23:24:12 UTC 2015

Hello The Net:

Mike, thanks for the 53132A fan info.

I also have a noisy fan. I have considered adding a proportional fan
controller since more colling is needed
if aditional options are added, like a more stable internal reference or
a prescalar to 3 GHz or 12 GHz.
Less cooling is needed if no internal options are included. Less cooling
can mean a slower fan speed and lower acoustic noise.

Anyone have any thoughts on exactly where to put a temperature sensor
for a proportional fan controller?
The W1GHZ.ORG website had a fan controller.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to increase the intensity of the dim
display ?   Is it a power supply issue ?

I use my 53132A with TimeLab to measure the performance of different
oscillators.

Stan, W1LE    Cape Cod   FN41sr