[time-nuts] Racal Dana 1992 universal counter

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Jan 22 18:12:22 UTC 2015

Hello Chris,

I have several 1992 instruments. Tried using eBay junk to do GPIB, but
never got beyond HyperTerminal messages.

It turns out that some of those counter/timers were for military use,
and that military GPIB is different.

There is a jumper on some instruments that lets you select standard or
military. Can't be more specific until I dig out the manual.

The Phase A-B feature was very useful for comparing precision
oscillators.

Bill Hawkins