[time-nuts] SR620 question

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Jan 27 23:38:35 UTC 2015

Gerhard wrote:

>1. Is it a drawback wrt ADEV when a SR620 does not have have the opt. oven
>if I have an ultra clean external reference? Does it use the
>external ref directly
>or does it just pull the own reference to the external value in the long run,
>no matter if it's the good or the bad oscilator?

The SR620 phase locks its internal oscillator (either the standard
TCXO or the optional OCXO) to the external oscillator if the external
reference is selected.

>2 I have seen that the manual has a parts list and references the circuit
>diagrams, but they are not included in the pdf. Are the circuits somewhere
>out there?

<http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/download.php?file=02_GPS_Timing/Stanford_Research_Systems/SRS_SR620_schematics.pdf>

If you go to <http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/> and search for SR620,
you will find manuals from 1999, 2004, and 2006, as well.

Best regards,

Charles