[time-nuts] End Of The World

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jul 1 07:18:00 UTC 2015

time-nuts at febo.com said:
> As expected, on the leap second the display on the 8183 showed 6:59:60 (the
> 8183-A showed 23:59:60), but the TV400 displayed 7:00:00 at that moment. The
> TV400 remained one second ahead until it displayed 7:00:03 for a two-second
> period, then from 7:00:04 forward it was properly synced.

My guess is that there is a CPU in the TV400 that is smart enough to filter
out noise but not smart enough to know about leap seconds.  It considers
23:59:60 to be noise and rejects it.  The following data gets rejected
because it doesn't match the predicted time.  After a few seconds of data
that is self-consistent, it switches to the new time.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.