[time-nuts] End Of The World

Ben ben at 1k2.nl
Wed Jul 1 09:06:56 UTC 2015

At home I recorded the following seconds:

Tunderbolt GPSDO          58 59 60 00 01 02
Meinberg LANTIME M200     58 59 59 00 01 02
hopf DCF 7001             58 59 60 01 02 03
Conrad DCF Time Terminal  58 59 00 01 02 03

The (old 1999) DCF hopf clock in particular was a strange one. It
announced a leap event an hour before. Then it went from second 59, 60
to 01, so it was still a second ahead! After 8 minutes it counted the 01
second two times. From then on it showed the correct time.

Local time was 02:00 hours, so i've missed some sleep. This morning at
work we've found some 'link errors' in application logs at exactly
23:59:59. NTP clients were out of sync for some time. But no big
problems reported yet.